Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Mother and Her Daughter


Someone once told me that being a mother was one of the greatest gifts God could give someone. I have to say that I agree. Emma Grace is quickly approaching her 1st birthday which means I have been a mother for almost a year now. It has been the best year of my life. I've smiled more than I have ever smiled, I've laughed more than I have ever laughed, and I've cried more than I've ever cried. Being a mother has also given me a new appreciation for my husband. There is something about watching the man you love be so kind, gentle, and sometimes down right silly because he is so in love with his little girl. As we grow up most of dream of having the "perfect" life with the "perfect" family. When we are grown we realize "perfect" doesn't exist, but in my world I've got all I've ever wanted.

3 comments:

The Poitevints said...

Ok...pregnancy hormones kicking in.....your blog made me want to cry! Motherhood is a wonderful thing!
Love you guys!
Elaine

The Binder Mom said...

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Motherhood. I cannot wait to start the journey!

-Barbara